Senin, 27 Juni 2011

Flying and How We Can Cope With Fear



Fear of flying has more to do with our inherent vulnerability and fragility of life of the statistics. Flying is 29 times safer than riding in the car, but statistics rarely impact of color. They fear different things, depending on their point of view, because the flight covers several common, related phobias such as heights, enclosed passages and spaces (claustrophobia), crowds, sitting still in a passive way, not understanding the plethora of sounds, sensations and noises going on around you. Others are concerned about possible turbulence, terrorism, or loss kontrole.Psiholog be able to help you work with any past aviation-related trauma, so you can continue flying. In the case of a legitimate trauma, it may require a steady, focused treatment with a trained professional who will help lead them to the surface and work through them a little at a time.

airline travel has been associated with the following conditions, they have nothing to do with anxiety or fear, but sometimes it can mimic the physiological reactions of fear responses: the vestibular (inner ear) problems, Sinus pain, muscle pain, joint pain, tingling, traveler's thrombosis, mitral valve prolapse, hypoglycemia, allergic reactions and lack of oxygen.

Cognitive coping strategies such as rumination, self-blame, acceptance, and catastrophizing are associated with airline travel. These techniques can be used to mitigate the adverse psychological traps we fall into when confronted with the impending plane flight.

First, rumination, is when you "expand your awareness beyond the current embarrassing situation," thinking of pleasant things and / or realized that sitting in fear do nothing to make the flight any safer. It is a form of mental imagery in conjunction with the acceptance, and to shift the frame of mind.

others, blaming ourselves, trying to take away the negative wheedling you can do to your personality and re-channel it into positive thoughts like: "I am the best I could the last flight" and "I 'm doing the best we can. I I will get better with practice ."

Third, the resignation is given credit for his good sense - in contrast to the phobic thoughts. For example, "I can take a relaxed, slow, deep breaths and practice muscle relaxation and autogenics." In it, you and your partner to confirm the new shift in thinking with a certificate of rational techniques you use to fight.

Catastrophizing, on the other hand, he admits his fear, and then challenges him. Understand that you are having problems with anxiety and then challenge him. For example, "I know that I am afraid that the airplane, but I do not run away from my challenge. I'm not the type of person for it. I master this part of my life ."

Depending on the nature of your fear, some treatments to look into the systematic desensitization, muscle relaxation, deep breathing exercises, autogenics, finding the core of trauma associated with plane travel through a trained professional or psychologist, taking over the existential fear of death, or the notion Soren Kieregaard anxiety, and some medications. However, the drugs should be tested in the field confirms that there is no reaction - allergic or otherwise. In addition, never mix medications with alcohol because it can produce drowsiness and other unpleasant reactions of the nervous system.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar