Kamis, 12 Mei 2011

Nature Can Be Unforgiving - Sun and Solar Storms Challenge NextGen Satellite ATC


the sun's rays are part of the world we live in, and it's just part of nature. However, we know that the sun's rays, too many can cause sunburn, skin cancer, heat stroke, oxidized car finishes, and other challenges in our daily lives. Yes, those rays can be converted to solar energy to power our lights, televisions, computers, or fill up our iPhones - so it's a good trade off. We pay attention and use common sense. But what happens when the sun throws us curve ball?

How do you ask? Well, what about solar flares, heat waves, and chaotic bursts during the solar maximum phase? Of course, these are the questions. Now what happens if it is our strong sun, a part of nature, as we know it causes a solar flare so great need of our communication satellites, and electronics - not good does not it? Well, not so long ago, our think tank discussing this issue with fellow think tanker type, Troy Laclaire.

Troy was concerned about the solar flare removal of FAA's NextGen air traffic control system satellites, and said: "Thinking more about it, I wonder, what will happen during a severe solar storm knocked out satellites get ?"

Well, it's a good thing and I love ITT Corporation as a company, one of the main creators of this computerized ATC systems. And yes, it's nice of them to offer financing for airlines to upgrade their equipment to the NextGen ATC, but I agree, what is good, as the system after the detonation EMP weapon, or a massive solar flare.

A U.S. military satellites are hardened combat solar flares, aviation communications satellite less so. It is dangerous to $ 40 billion financial fiasco waiting to happen, if not the solar flare-resistant systems. Basically it is not next generation, but the last generation if all fails and goes dark for a day, holy hell. I hope I'm not flying that day, or stuck at the airport. Troy commented: "We sincerely hope to have a backup system ."

Well, the aircraft can all go back to China Unicom and pilots announce their positions to each other, and then watch like a hawk for other traffic, and fly the correct path, but it adds another layer of uncertainty, and guaranteed late too. Troy said: "I think I'd trust the ground based system a little better." Indeed, but of course it's not always possible. satellite system is better as it always does, but remember, safety, and 100% of the time is what we are looking for right here

?

Mother Nature will do its thing, whether people are here or not, and she does not care if we build more walls high enough in our nuclear power plants along the coast, or our satellites is strong enough to hold leđaSun's rays. Actually, I hope you will please consider all this.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar